FITZ CREATIVE is a full service design studio in New York City’s West Village, specializing in all aspects of brand identity design and development.
Clients include: Sean John, TPM/Talking Points Memo, Lippe Taylor, Authentic Brands Group, French Culinary Institute / International Culinary Center, Clinique, Salon Ziba, Saatchi & Saatchi, The Skin Cancer Foundation, Coach Lou Holtz Gala, NYC Heritage of Pride, IOMEDIA, FDNY, Cohn & Wolfe
FITZ Creative, Inc.
Owner, 2005 – Present
National Football League
Associate Creative Director, 2004 – 2005
Design Director, 1998 – 2004
Senior Designer, 1995 – 1998
Designer, 1994 – 1995
• Developed nationally recognized brand identities that capture the passion, imagination and commitment of millions of fans and consumers. Identities include: Houston Texans, Atlanta Falcons, and Arizona Cardinals.
• Supervised creation of Super Bowl identity, usage guidelines, consumer products graphics standards and brand communications to ensure a premiere, authentic and consistent brand experience. Elements included: environmental graphics, special event advertising and promotion, collateral, website, event tickets / invitations, and championship apparel.
• Partnered with senior management to establish guidelines, criteria and process for development of league trademarks, including Super Bowl logo and team identities.
• Advocated for development of NFL brand guidelines, in collaboration with VP Executive Creative Director; played key role in exploration of external creative resources and selection of Landor Associates as creative partner.
• Collaborated with Landor Associates in codifying NFL’s brand values, refreshing the NFL shield, developing identity and house style guidelines to ensure appropriate and effective communication of brand by NFL and its business and broadcast partners.
• Developed a distinct messaging platform that unified the league’s diverse community relations initiatives, resulting in clearer communication, greater awareness of NFL’s community involvement, and the potential for more attractive sponsorship opportunities.
• Oversaw re-branding of youth football communications [identity, website, collateral, television and print advertising] and the development of youth marketing strategy and tagline, resulting in increased participation in league youth football programs and increased traffic to youth football website.
• Directed design and development of a cohesive calendar marks identity system [NFL Combine, NFL Draft, NFL Kickoff, NFL Playoffs], which extends the value of NFL brand throughout key calendar time periods.